- it is not possible for the merchant to store or hold credit card numbers manually in Shopify admin. This is to ensure shopify remains PCI Compliant. You can check out more about PCI compliance with Shopify from here for more details.
- You can however Shop Pay to allow your customers to store their credit card details within Shopify itself for a faster checkout experience.
"Shop Pay is an accelerated checkout that lets customers save their email address, credit card, and shipping and billing information so they can complete their transaction faster the next time they are directed to the Shopify checkout. "
Alternatives and Workarounds
- Sending an invoice to your customers.
- Charging a deposit for your bookings and the remainder when service has been rendered.
- Using a third party app such as:
Sesami's Future Roadmap
Here at Sesami, we believe finding and developing a permanent solution to this specific pain point of Merchants is worthwhile investment. Keep up to date with the features we are working on here: https://sesami.co/app-features-status/
Feel free to send us a message if this feature would be beneficial to your business: https://help.sesami.co/hc/en-us/requests/new