Step by Step
Setting up Sesami is done in a few steps:
- Creating your product on Shopify.
- Creating your team member on Sesami.
- Defining the availability (schedule) of that team member on Sesami.
- Assigning Shopify products as a service on Sesami.
- Activating Sesami into your Shopify Online Store 2.0 theme
If you are not using one of the Shopify Online Store 2.0 themes, you can skip this last step (#5), Sesami will work automatically.
Check here for more detailed information about the Shopify Online Store 2.0
- Pinning Sesami into your Apps List on Shopify Dashboard
1. Creating your product on Shopify
- In the Shopify navigation menu, click on Products > Add Product.
Let's start creating a product!
Yes, a product with a description, picture, price...
Uncheck inventory: "Track quantity"
*Otherwise, your customers will eventually encounter a "sold out" message based on the quantity.
Shipping, select "Digital product or service"
*By doing this, your customers will not be asked to enter shipping information at checkout if they only buy your services and not physical products.
- Scroll down the page to the “Variants” section and click on "+ Add options like size or color"
- Under the "Option name" type the word “Duration”.
*At this stage should be written in English; later on, if you need, it can be translated into another language.
- Add the duration of your services under the "Option values".
*It can be in minutes or hours, in any of the following formats: 30, 45 m, 90 minutes, 3h or
1 hour. Or, combined with a text: "45 minutes: express service"
The time frames need to be between 00:00 to 24:00 (or 12:00 am to 12:00 am) on one day.
- Click on Save.
2. Creating your Team member
- In the Sesami dashboard; you should click on Add your first team member.
- You will add your first team member: Name, email address, Bio, an image...
3. Defining the availability (schedule) of that team member on Sesami.
- This important step is to share your schedule and availability so that customers can book a time.
By scrolling down the same page, you can indicate the dates and times this team member is available and add your schedule to an easy-to-use calendar view:
4. Assigning Shopify products as a service on Sesami
Now, let's pick up a Shopify product and assign it to this team member.
- Click on Apps > Sesami: Appointment Booking > Service
- Click on Add service on the top right of the screen.
- Find the product you created and click on Add.
5. Activating Sesami into your Shopify Online Store 2.0 theme
If you have one of the Shopify Online Store 2.0 themes, you must embed the Sesami app to the theme and add the Sesami block to the Product.
Step 1: Embed the Sesami app:
- In the Shopify navigation menu, click on Online Store > Theme > Customize
- At the left side of the page, click on the icon "App embeds" and enable Sesami
*This will load Sesami resources on your storefront and lets Sesami make sure appointments are still available while in the cart: Cart Verification Script
- Click on Save in the top right corner
Step 2: Add the Sesami block:
- At the left side of the page again, click on the first icon, "Sections"
- In the navigation menu at the top center, use the dropdown menu to select Products > Default product
- Then go to the section Product information > Click on + add block
Add the Sesami booking button
The Buy Button must be added (do not hide) to the Product Information (Theme) settings.
If you do not want the "add to cart" button to be visible and you want the service to be
automatically added to the cart or to skip the cart page (directing to the checkout page),
this setting must be made in the Sesami button options.
This is a quick view of the level of customizations you can do with our app section:
You can change the button label, format, size, relocating, colors...
- After you finish customizing, click on Save in the top right corner.
6. Pinning Sesami into your Apps List on Shopify Dashboard
Now, last but not least, you can Pin the Sesami app to your Apps list on your Shopify dashboard! It's an easy way to access Sesami, booking, and settings.