Step by Step
Setting up Sesami is done in a few steps:
- Creating your product on Shopify.
- Creating your team member on Sesami.
- Defining the availability (schedule) of that team member on Sesami.
- Assigning Shopify product as a service on Sesami.
- Activating Sesami into your Shopify Online Store 2.0 theme
If you are not using one of the Shopify Online Store 2.0 themes, you can skip this last step (#5), Sesami will work automatically.
Check here for more detailed information about the Shopify Online Store 2.0 and Shopify Theme Store
- Pinning Sesami into your Apps List on Shopify Dashboard
1. Creating your product on Shopify
Well, let's start adding you as a product! Yes, I mean a product with your own picture! Add your name as the product title and add two product options:
- Service: The type of service you'll be offering, such as a Consultation Session or Haircut with a blow-dry.
- Duration: The duration of that service in minutes, such as 45 minutes.
Your products can either be a service you offer – a photography session, a yoga class, etc. – or you can be the product since it's after all your time that you are selling. In the example below we create a product for a person:
- In the Shopify navigation menu, click on Products > Add Product.
- Scroll down the page to the “Options” section and click on the check box.
- Under the "Option name" type the word “Duration”.
- Add the duration of your services under the "Option values". It can be in minutes or hours, in any of the following formats: 30, 45 m, 90 minutes, or 3 hours.
- Uncheck inventory tracking and shipping, or otherwise, your customers will eventually encounter a "sold out" message based on the quantity.
- Click on Save.
2. Creating your team member on Sesami
- In the Shopify navigation menu, click on Apps > Sesami.
- Once in the Sesami dashboard, you should click on Get started. This will enable you to add your first team member, add your availability to the calendar and easily associate a product created in Shopify to your appointment booking Sesami app.
The next important step is to share your schedule and availability so that customers can book your time.
3. Defining the availability (schedule) of that team member on Sesami.
By scrolling down the same page, you can indicate the dates and times this team member is available and add your schedule to an easy-to-use calendar view:
4. Assigning Shopify product as a service on Sesami
Now, let’s pick up a Shopify product and assign it to this team member.
- Click on the Services tab.
- Click on Add service on the top right of the screen.
- Find the product you created and click on Add.
5. Activating Sesami into your Shopify Online Store 2.0 theme
If your Shopify theme is one of 2.0, you must embed the Sesami app to the theme and add the Sesami block to the Product.
Step 1: Embed the Sesami app:
- In the Shopify navigation menu, click on Online Store > Theme > Customize
- At the bottom of the page, click on Theme settings > App embeds
This will load Sesami resources on your storefront and lets Sesami make sure appointments are still available while in the cart: Cart Verification Script
- Click on Save in the top right corner
Step 2: Add the Sesami block:
- In the Shopify navigation menu at the top, use the drop-down menu to select Products > Default product
- Default product section > Product information > Click on + add block
- Add Sesami booking button
- This is a quick view of the level of customizations you can do with our app section: You can change the button label, format, size, relocating, colors...
After you finish customizing, click on Save in the top right corner.
6. Pinning Sesami into your Apps List on Shopify Dashboard
Now, last but not the least, you can Pin the Sesami app to your Apps list on your Shopify dashboard! It's an easy way to access Sesami, booking, and settings.